Wednesday, August 14, 2002

Yes, I'm ecstatic! Having a baby is one of the most fulfilling, rewarding and, above all, happy times of our life. At least, that's what everyone else thinks you should be going through. In reality whilst it is fulfilling and rewarding, I can't honestly say that I am feeling particularly happy at the moment.
Connor is a very placid baby during the day but refuses to settle at night. Sharon and I take it in shifts to look after him but we're both exhausted.
James has become a little tyrant over the last few weeks. He is still basically a good kid but at the moment is constantly pushing at the boundaries. We knew something like this would come when Connor was born but still it tests our patience to the full.
The house spends more time looking like the sorting room for charity shop donations than somewhere suitable for a family of 5, and that only gets us more stressed.
Family and friends, especially those without children, expect us to be filled with joy at the arrival of our son and seem astonished to be greeted by 2 worn out zombies who are occasionally on the verge of tears.
What we need is a routine. We need things to settle down. Its been a huge change for all of us and we need a return to some normality. I know its coming and I look forward to the day when we can wake up feeling happy. Until then I will have to settle for proud, paternal and fulfilled.


that's a nice rock!

me:

sex:male
age:30
status:married
children:3

Listening:
Barry Diston:Unreleased Stuff

Reading:
Weblogs
Terry Pratchett
Maps

Watching:
Bugger all at the mo, to be honest

reach me


my other sites

Mobile Disco www.theaardvark.co.uk VAT Advice Baby Gift Boxes

recommended

www.barrydiston.com

caveat

worth repeating?

habitual haunts
regular reads







Powered by Blogger and proud of it!

archives