Friday, June 28, 2002

Perspective. Its amazing what a good nights sleep can do for you. I re-read last nights blog and the tired section sounds so over dramatic. I was going to edit it out but that just feels false. Where's the point in doing this in real time if you're going to go back and change it?
Home. On my way back from work I collected Sharon from the hospital. She is still no better but she seems to be coping emotionally a little more. The journey home tired her out and she's been asleep ever since. I think she's dreading the 4 week labour thing. The doctors haven't been able to tell us any more, especially as to what is causing the problem. All they can say is that for as long as neither Sharon or the baby are in any danger they would prefer to let things remain as they are.
Childishness. The dummies (pacifiers) came today. They rock. Just another reason for us to look forward to Connor being born.
Exit. I finished work today and it feels strange. I was in a rush to get out and meet Sharon so I hardly had tie to consider the symbolism as I exited the building and left behind my only secure, stable source of income. I know that I will be back there a few times over the next few months but that will be as a contractor and just feels different. I should be nervous about the future I suppose but the occupations of the present don't leave much time for that. To an extent I guess that I am guilty of burying my head in the sand for fear that, if I took time to consider the ramifications of everything that has happened this week it would overwhelm me.
Diversions. Sharon's asleep and the kids are at their Nanny's so (after a 15 minute kip on the sofa) I've had a bit of time to explore some web based diversions to cheer me up. Today has been a bit of a gold mine to be honest. (how sad must I be if thats the highlight of my day).
Cocoon for men ”It’s a big scary world out there, full of responsibilities, difficult situations and death. But you simply don’t want to face it."
Bullies reunited So not from the people behind friends reunited.
Gimp roulette The best russian roulette game on the web!
Vector Park Fascinating. Take some time to explore it.



that's a nice rock!

me:

sex:male
age:30
status:married
children:3

Listening:
Barry Diston:Unreleased Stuff

Reading:
Weblogs
Terry Pratchett
Maps

Watching:
Bugger all at the mo, to be honest

reach me


my other sites

Mobile Disco www.theaardvark.co.uk VAT Advice Baby Gift Boxes

recommended

www.barrydiston.com

caveat

worth repeating?

habitual haunts
regular reads







Powered by Blogger and proud of it!

archives